Búsqueda personalizada

ADSENSE

ENLACES AMIGOS.......

Peliculas Juegos Juegos

adsenses

adsense.

Buscar

SE BUSCAN POR LADRONES:

Thursday, March 28, 2019

Psychology At The (Home) Movies: HBO’s The Wire

Source
Although I'm more than a decade late to the party, a recent fortunate Amazon.com prime membership has gifted me with access to HBO's acclaimed series the Wire. For the last two months I've been watching the show weekly, digesting its contents in small consistent doses. My background as a middle class ivory tower academic makes the Wire foreign territory to me—I don't have much personal experience with drug culture, or poverty, or oppression, or Baltimore (the primary city in the story) for that matter. Nevertheless, there were many themes in the TV series that align well with contemporary research in the social sciences. With an eye towards these themes, I bring you a look into HBO's the Wire by linking it to our current understanding of basic psychology. As with any piece of film-making, the nuance and detail will not be completely captured in this post, and I welcome comments here or on twitter (@mwkraus). Also, SPOILERS!
Read More->

No comments:

Blog Archive